The anime sets in contemporary Kyoto. In order to take over her grandmother’s Dagashi store, art university student Kumi Honamanuma moved to Kyoto. She met Harami Mino, K Kusanagi, Mai Maisaka, and a dog who live in the store, which supposed to be empty. Kumi ended up living with these girls, who claim that they are heroes reincarnated to contemporary period to chase after the demon king. Harami and others has been living in a peaceful life with no missions to to achieve anymore until Ran, who was a demon king in the past and appears to be a cute elementary school girl from failing to reincarnate, appeared in front of them one day. The story begins with Ran requesting to collect demon king’s fragments.
- Director: Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? series)
- Script: Makoto Uezu (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou)
- Original Character Design: Jirou Suzuki (Arakawa Under the Bridge principle drawing)
- Chief Director: Kiyomitsu Satou (Puzzle & Dragon direction)
- Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Kei Tsuchiya (Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage series character design)
- Music: kz (Beatless)
- Sound Director: Takayuki Yamaguchi (Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro)
- Studio: Studio Gokumi
- Distribution: KlockWorx
- Production: Laidbackers Production Committee
- Harami Mino: Rina Hidaka (Toaru series)
- Mai Maisaka: Himika Akaneya (Mahou Shoujo Site)
- K Kusanagi: You Taichi (Double Decker! Doug & Kirill)
- Arnelia: Yumi Uchiyama (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru series)
- Ran: Maria Naganawa (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon)
- Kumi Honamanuma: Yumiri Hanamori (Radiant)
- Yuuko Washinomiya: Saki Fujita (Working!! series)
The movie is described as “final movie of Heisei period”, “reverse reincarnation which demon king and heroes reincarnated from alternative worlds”, as well as “lazily daily, sometimes seriously fighting. A laid-back action entertainment that fights”.
Note: The video is currently not open to public; click here for an alternative link.
Official site: http://laidbackers.com/
Official Twitter: @obakeya_LB